Presumably you are aware of the work of Rolf Pfeiffer and co in Zurich,
who are using biological paradigms for the design of interacting robots
(he's probably more interested in sensing systems).  There was a
workshop in Japan organised by him and Fumio Hara which will eventually
result in a book "MorphoFunctional Machines" - it must be ready soon!! -
and more recently a workshop at UWE, Bristol, co-sponsored by the HP
labs, celebrating the work of W Grey Walter as the first person to work
on truly interactive robots.  Contact Bob Damper at Southampton Uni for
more information.  I expect he'll have volumes of the Proceedings still
available, and some papers will be published in the Royal Society journals.

--
Julian FV Vincent                                               [log in to unmask]
Professor of Biomimetics                                        office 01225 386596

http://www.bath.ac.uk/Departments/Eng/biomimetics/

I hate quotations.  Tell me what you know.  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)