I'm writing to announce that the special issue of *Prose Studies*
(Vol. 25.1, April 2002) that I edited on Romantic-era periodical
writing has just been published as a book entitled *Romantic
Periodicals and Print Culture* (London: Frank Cass, 2003).  The
contributions are as follows:

Adriana Craciun, "Mary Robinson, the *Monthly Magazine*, and the Free
Press"
Andrea Bradley, "Correcting Mrs. Opie's Powers: Francis Jeffrey's
*Edinburgh* Review of Amelia Opie's Poems (1802)"
Mark Schoenfield, "Marriage Novels, Romantic Labor, and the Periodical
Press"
Bonnie Gunzenhauser, "Reading the Rhetoric of Resistance in William
Cobbett's Two-Penny Trash"
Lisa Niles, "'May the married be single, and the single happy':
*Blackwood's,* the Maga for the Single Man"
David Higgins, "Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine and the Construction
of Wordsworth's Genius"
Peter J. Manning, "Detaching Lamb's Thoughts"
Nanora Sweet, "The *New Monthly Magazine* and the Liberalism of the 1820s"

Kim Wheatley                                 Phone: 757-221-3929
English Department                          Fax: 757-221-1844
College of William and Mary
Williamsburg  VA   23187

British Association for Romantic
Studies
To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Sharon Ruston <[log in to unmask]>

Also use these addresses to register any change in your e-mail address,
or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html