Dear Colleague,

as promised earlier this year, we have now converted our jobs and events
listings into indexed databases so I would like to invite you to have a
look at the 52 vacancies for university professors of English and 27
conference announcements which are currently announced at
http://www.university-english.com.

We would be grateful if Directors of Graduate Studies would circulate this
message to graduate students who are most likely to find the Jobs
advertisements of interest.

We would also be grateful if you would draw the attention of your students
to our companion publication, The Literary Encyclopedia
<http://www.LitEncyc.com>, which is also freely available on the net.

Announcements of jobs and events can be placed without charge at
University-English by departments or scholarly associations. Login
information is known to Heads of Department and the executives of
registered associations but if you need to register then please ask us to
set up a record for you.

In November we will enable colleagues to set up profiles for the mail they
would like to receive about jobs, events and publications in English
Studies or allied disciplines, thus ensuring our profession has a global
mailing system which will not lead to cluttered inboxes.

We do not release any email addresses we hold to any non-scholarly venture
and hope you will approve of our efforts. However should you wish to
receive no further mail about University-English please reply with
"Unsubscribe" in the subject field and we will delete your mailing address
from our lists.  Equally, if you know of scholars who have not received our
mail but would like to, please invite them to mail us using the word
"subscribe" in the subject field.

With best regards,

Dr Robert Clark, FRSA, FEA
Reader in English, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ - UK
http://www.university-english.com

British Association for Romantic
Studies
To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Sharon Ruston <[log in to unmask]>

Also use these addresses to register any change in your e-mail address,
or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html