Hiya,

I am working on a project that requires me to remap the keys of the
keyboard so that we can make a non-standard keyboard.

I would have thought this could be quite handy for a lot of users so
thought i'd jot down the programs i'd found (see below - not
comprehensive):

On a general point - if anyone knows of a good, dedicated, up to date
list of freeware/shareware AT/Access/Communication programs then can
they let me know!

http://www.dev-labs.com/kr/index.html

Excellent.
+gives remapping on the fly
+2 configs.
+Systray program - user variable configs.
-Systray program - will not work until after startup.
-Takes a small amount of working out
Shareware ($15/$35).

http://www.szp-software.com/

Also excellent!
+easy for remaping a small number of keys
+gives remapping on the fly
+Multiple configs
+non graphical/systray interface
-non graphical/systray interface
Shareware ($20)

http://www.dynawell.com/reskit/microsoft/win2000/remapkey.zip

Pretty good
+simple.
+No runtime program - permanent modification to SysReg
-No runtime program - permanent modification to SysReg
-Requires reboot.
Shareware or Freeware?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/tech/input/w2kscan-map.mspx

Techy solution (not tried)
+Permanent
+Free
-Non user specific
-win2k & winXP only
-Complicated

Hope this is useful?!

Cheers!

Simon

P.S. Small chance of cross-posting, sorry.

Simon Judge
Electronic Engineer MEng
(Clinical Scientist)

020 8770 8283

http://www.meru.org.uk/interfacecentre/
http://www.meru.org.uk/aac-london/
MERU
8 Damson Way
Orchard Hill
Carshalton
Surrey
SM5 4NR
020 8770 8398 (fax)
Registered Charity Number: 269804
Company Limited by Guarantee Number: 1214125

PDFs: If a pdf file is attached to this email then you'll need "Adobe
Acrobat Reader" to view it.  You've probably already got it, but if not,
you can get it here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html .

-----
The contents of this email are private and confidential unless
explicitly stated otherwise.
-----