Alan

We have equiped a single "evaluation room" at Hereward with EIB technology
and are running a comparison with a traditional "NHS" Environmental Control
installation. Part of the evaluation obviously involves specifying what
items within the study/bedroom room are to be controlled. With regard to
sockets it has become apparent to us that one has to account for how the
room will be used (location of home entertainment equipment lamps etc.) and
where they will be located in said room. There is also the possibility that
rooms may be re arranged in the future. Whether it is a new build or retro
fix also has a bearing on the final outcome, as wiring topography may differ
greatly. This being said we at Hereward have opted to have all socket
outlets (six twin socket outlets) enabled as the cost of doing so at the
outset is not restrictive. We are about to enable a further six rooms with
the EIB system and will duplicate the layout in these rooms. With regard to
standards  I am unaware if any exist andI would be greatly interested if one
is available as we are prety much playing it by ear at the moment.
Ultimately several new residential blocks will be built at Hereward with the
intention that they will have some form of  smart home system installed so
any suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Paul Doyle