PPRG Conference

Apologies if you receive this message more than once. Forwarded on behalf of Linda Smith.

The PPRG Annual Conference
Library Promotion -your marketing plans in action
November 6 - 8th 2003
The Thistle Hotel, Grasmere, Cumbria
For your copy of the Brochure and Booking Form, email [log in to unmask]
Library Promotion - what's it all about
It's about an awareness of how important promotion is to the success of your marketing strategy. It's about knowing how to direct effort in to making promotion effective.

You know that your library or information service has a lot to offer - just how you get that message across will form the hub of this conference.

We will be looking at ways in which you can promote services and events through effective advertising; how to reinforce your message through powerful copy writing and how every day face to face communication with your customer can be made to be one of your most effective promotional tools. You will have the chance to look at promotion from both local and global perspectives and to see and discuss successful projects.

Who will benefit:
Your library service! You and your staff will be able to put your library at the forefront of attention by creating effective promotional campaigns. How? With the ideas and knowledge that you take away.

What Delegates have said about previous PPRG conferences...
'Inspiring...all sessions really useful', 'Workshops are excellent' 'Plenty of interactivity and discussion in all sessions', 'A lively, friendly conference'...this year will be no exception!

Our Speakers
Our speakers have been selected carefully from both the private sector and the commercial world. Each of them has diverse experience in promotion. We have briefed them to share their knowledge and experience with you through formal presentation, workshops and discussion.

We aim to provide an understanding of:
l What effective promotion can do for your service
l How to write powerful copy
l How to make everyday contact with your customers your most powerful
promotional tool
l The local and global approach to promotion
Who should attend:
This conference has been designed to benefit any person who is involved in the promotion and marketing of any type of library and information service.

Book your place now. We look forward to seeing you at Grasmere.
Linda M Smith
Publications Manager
Library & Information Services, The Nottingham Trent University, Dryden Centre, Dryden Street, Nottingham NG1 4FZ
Tel: 0115 848 2256 Fax: 0115 848 4230
Email: [log in to unmask]