Forwarded on behalf of Marcus Weisen.

Dear colleagues, dear friends,

Resource Disability Portfolio Guide 10 “Outreach and Partnerships”

We are looking for examples of outreach projects and partnerships museums, archives and libraries have developed with disabled people, disability groups and organisations. The guide “Outreach and Partnerships” will be published in the new year. We would like it to reveal the amazing scope and range of work happening in this area – and entice more organisations to move into this area, providing inspiring case studies and of course practical planning guidance for managers.

We would like to present a few detailed case-studies in this publication, as well as interesting facets of many more – to inspire the reader, and make the good practice guidance come to life.

Are you involved in outreach projects and partnerships work with disabled people and people with mental health difficulties? Are you working with groups, for example older people in residential care, which include disabled people? Do you know a museum, archive or library who are working involved in such a project?

If so, we would very much like to hear about the project. At this stage, all we need is brief information about:

·        the project

·        who the project was/is aimed at

·        the partner organisations

·        lessons learnt

·        a contact name and details

·        a selection of your best photographs, if you have any, to consider for publication.

If you can help, I would be grateful, if you could send your response – as soon as possible and hopefully during November; both to me and to Linda Sargent, who will be writing the guide. Linda has been an Outreach Worker for many years, is a fiction writer and the of author “Words and Wings; a guide to creative reminiscence work”. Linda’s email is: [log in to unmask] and her telephone number 01844-278831.

Please do help circulate this request as widely as possible.

With many thanks,

Marcus

Marcus Weisen, Disability Development Officer,

Resource, Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries,

16 Queen Anne's Gate, London SW1H 9AA,

tel: 020-72731408

 www.resource.gov.uk/action/learnacc/00access.asp#3 The Disability Portfolio Guides is available on these webpages. The four first guides are alrady published. Guides 5-8 will be published during November. Guides 9-12 will be published in February.

People who work in or with museums, archives or libraries can order free print copies of the Disability Portfolio from [log in to unmask]

They are also available in alternative formats (large print, audio, braille) from [log in to unmask]

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. It is intended solely for the addressee. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and any attachments from the system.

http://www.messagelabs.com