As part of what should be a wider look at document management, colleagues within Hackney Council are looking at requirements for an electronic documents management system. This is not an area which we have special expertise in, so in the first instance I would welcome comments from colleagues in local authorities who have worked with EDMSs.

Three systems were mentioned  at a recent working party meeting - Comino, Valid and Anite - but any advice or experience would be gratefully received.

I hope to ensure that progress is made in the context of the National Archives standards on records management, and with some thought to proper corporate directives.

I cannot guarantee to summarise comments for reporting back to the list, but thank you in advance to any of you who feel able to help

David Mander
Head of Archives
Hackney Archives Dept
43 De Beauvoir Road
London N1 5SQ

Tel 020 7241 2886

London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any communication which you send to, or receive from, any employees or agents of the Council using its telephony/data networks.  By so communicating you give your consent to London Borough of Hackney monitoring and recording any use of these networks.

The Data Protection Officer, London Borough of Hackney, Hackney Town Hall, Mare Street, London E8 1EA [log in to unmask]

Please contact the sender if you have received this e-mail in error.