Hi John

Here at Warwick we offer payment of fees for all students in instalments.  Student who pay in instalments in the main pay by direct debit in 3 instalments, one amount per term.

PG Taught Master students are required to pay 1/3 of the fees at or before registration then the remainder of the fee is split in 3 instalments, one per term.  For everyone else, the full fee is divided in 3.

We do not offer any discounts for early payment.  Some courses do require a deposit to be paid in advance though.

With regard to paying by DD, students can sign up for DD over the web.  Students pay their accommodation fees and their tution fees this way.  We state that students in University accommodation must pay by dd.

We find DD works very well.  Our rejection rates are low, and the sign up over the web has reduced the administration for us significantly.

I hope this helps.

Jo Bell
Head of Student Finance

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/11/03 02:33pm >>>
I would be grateful for any information other institutions can let me have
about their policies on payment of tuition fees by instalments, especially
in relation to payment by direct debit.

Do you allow payment by instalments? If so, is this for only certain
categories of students? What is the repayment period?
Do you operate payment by direct debit and, if so, has this influenced your
policy on instalments?

Also, do you offer discounts for prompt payment?

Any feedback on the above will be useful, particulary with regard to your
experiences with payment by direct debit (advantages/drawbacks etc).

Thanks in advance.

John H Smith
Fees and Awards Officer
Goldsmiths College