At Aston, for the main summer examinations, we always issue a draft
schedule several weeks before the final version, and it always
prompts requests for amendments - modules to be added, deleted or
amended, specific requests not previously notified etc. This year for
the first time we are going to try a draft personal timetable for
students, bearing just their module choices, so that there will be
fewer last minute changes to accommodate.

For referred examinations there is insufficient time for a draft to
be issued, and for other sessions, we work to schedules submitted by
departments, so drafts are unnecessary.