From: Clemens R [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 January 2003 17:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: differential pass marks for PgDips & Masters

Hope this is okay to post here.

The University of Salford  is currently looking at postgraduate (taught)
credit and awards. One of the points of discussion is the use of
differential pass marks for PgCerts/PgDips and Masters awards and I have
been asked to establish some idea of practice at other institutions.

To this end could people let me know if their institution operates a
differential pass mark or not and if yes what is it (e.g. 40% pass mark for
a PgDip, but 50% for a Masters)

Many thanks

Richard
Richard Clemens
Academic & Student Administration -Evaluation & Enhancement
Academic Division
University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
http://www.academic.salford.ac.uk/
Tel: 0161 295 2255 Fax: 0161 295 2257