Dear Mike,

Yes, that is the correct interpretation of the table and the
implications. I suspect it is unlikely that institutions who appear to
be 'under-funded' will get more money however - rather they will be
expected to recruit more students. On the other hand, if they appear
'over-funded' I expect money will be clawed back rather than HEFCE allow
them to 'shed' students! Although we were not in a migration situation
previously, I seem to recall that this was the effect for those who
were.

There are so many provisos to the simulations (for example, they do not
include the proposals for changes to the WA and IR funding) that it
remains difficult to fully grasp (and therefore comment on) the
proposals! Hopefully the further information due to be sent to
individual institutions, simulating Tables B to E, might help us get a
better feel for the 'real' effect, as well as the long-term
implications for our position in the tolerance band.

Best wishes,

Judy
--
Judy Evans