From: MA Robertson, Planning, Policy and Projects
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 November 2003 09:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Annual Planning and Budget Update

Dear Frank

I have just come across your October email again. I would be very
interested in seeing the document you eventually produce. We too have
considered using this approach.

It's quite difficult to design a questionnaire that elicits the kind of
answers you actually want, so I'd also be interested in whether it works!

Best wishes

Maggie Robertson

--On 23 October 2003 10:44 +0100 Frank Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> At Glasgow we are thinking of structuring the update of our annual
> planning and budgeting paperwork around a questionnaire that Heads of
> Department would complete instead of providing a written commentary or
> amended plan.
>
> Has anyone already adopted this approach? If so, would you be willing to
> give us advice about the pros and cons in the light of your experience and
> perhaps share your questionnaire with us?  I would be willing to provide
> respondees (and anyone who is interested) with an example of any document
> we subsequently produce.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Frank
>

> Frank Lynch
> Acting Head of Planning Office
> Planning Office
> Gilbert Scott Building
> Glasgow
> G12 8QQ
>
> Tel: + UK 44 (0)141 330 3839
>
> Fax: + UK 44 (0)141 330 4920
>
> Email: [log in to unmask]

Maggie Robertson
Planning, Policy and Projects, University of Bristol
Telephone: 0117 928 7963