From: Anwar, Naseem [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 December 2003 17:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mannie leaving

Hi Mannie

Just to let you know that you will be sorely missed as you've been inspirational and most supportive to equality colleagues in the sector. Infact you single-handedly put the ECU on the map of HE sector through your determination and drive.

A word for colleagues who've bemoaned receiving various emails, may I point out that it's very rare in this day and age to compliment colleagues particularly those that go beyond their responsibilities. Many a times I've spoken to Mannie around 6.30pm on a Friday evening whilst he (and I for that matter) have been in our respective offices! Most of you may not recognise or understand this. But for me this was real dedication and commitment in Mannie supporting and aiming to meet our needs. How do you think he managed to give considerate and thorough replies to the queries we've raised over the years! Here is a person who delivered and is passionate about his role and commitments. So applaud him and give him a pat on the back. Let him go with feelings of goodwill. I'm glad there are many out there who feel the same.

All the best to you and your family for 2004.

Naseem Anwar