How about finding out from "the horse's mouth"? What views do the Equality
Commissions have on this question?

Other ideas:

The risks should also be considered for when Equalities work is not
undertaken appropriately. For instance where institutions are given
particular statutory requirements e.g the RRAA General and Specific Duties.

It could also be said that risks will be synonymous with the opposite to the
explanations that we always use when making a good case for Equalities-based
institutional practice e.g when we refer to a moral case, an ethical case, a
good institutional practice for all case, a financial case, an institution
of choice case, among others.

Also I think some common sense based conclusions need to be drawn as well.
It is a fact that we are a diverse, multi- ethnic, religious, racial,
variety of backgrounds etc. society, therefore our institutions, on top of
all this, have to operate in a particular manner, notwithstanding the global
environment.

Implementing equalities within all the relevant institutional functions, is
the only way of ensuring equality of opportunity and quality assured
outcomes that are based on fairness and justice for all.

Open for further discussion, suggestion.......

Regards

Mannie Kusemamuriwo
Policy Adviser: Ethnicity & Cultural Diversity
Equality Challenge Unit
3rd Floor, 4 Tavistock Place
London  WC1H 9RA

Tel 020 7520 7063