Dear colleagues

I know that this is a perennial one, but I'd be grateful for a few examples to
convince our committees that we won't be out on a limb if we extend our
existing harassment procedures in a positive direction.

To date we have a formal code but the backup is rather ad hoc - the code is at
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/personnel/policy/bullying.html

What we want to do is to introduce a Dignity at Work policy, foregrounding the
positive commitment to protecting the dignity of all, and trying to find
solutions short of the need to invoke the complaints procedure; and to create
a network of volunteer harassment advisers.  (The latter with acknowledgement
to Syd Kent at Essex - I've been trying to get the go-ahead to follow this
example for years).

I'd be very grateful for information from other institutions which have gone
in these directions (a simple yes or no, or a Web reference, perhaps).

With many thanks, and best wishes for the next academic year - would that we
could expect a calm one!

Jenny

Jenny Woodhouse
Personnel Consultant
University of Cambridge Personnel Division
The Old Schools, Trinity Lane
Cambridge CB2 1TN
01223 332344