From: Elizabeth Jean Rosemary Burchett
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 May 2003 14:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Language and cultural guidance

Dear Colleagues

Has anyone developed a policy or guidance on language and cultural
awareness/behaviour for staff?

I would be interested to know of any other examples in this area

Thanks

Liz

Liz Burchett, Equalities Co-ordinator
Human Resources Division, Sussex House,
University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH
Tel 01273 877602   Email: [log in to unmask]
The Equality Challenge Unit promotes diversity and equality of opportunity for all who work or seek to work in higher education. We are sponsored by the representative bodies (SCOP and Universities UK) and the four UK HE funding bodies.

This message is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy or disclose this message to anyone but should kindly notify the sender and delete the message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message which do not relate to the official business of the ECU shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  No contracts shall be concluded by means of this e-mail.  Neither ECU nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses. The administrator of this e-mail service (Universities UK) reserves the right to access and disclose all messages sent over its e-mail system.