Apologies for cross-posting if you subscribe to both mailing lists.

Foetal scalp samples are notoriously difficult to deal with - we are keen to know what a "reasonable" failure rate is (i.e. samples that cannot be analysed due to insufficient volume or inhomogeneous samples due to clots or air). If you have audited yours, I would be most grateful if you could let me know. If there are a number of replies I will summarise the information.

Has anyone found that one analyser is associated with a higher/lower failure rate than any other?

Thanks for your help

Marieke Jordaan
Mid-Yorkshire Trust