We obtain reagents/parts for the Chiron 925 chloride analyser from Patterson Scientific(page 135 of their catalogue) Tel 01582 561888

-----Original Message-----
From: Janice Still [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 October 2003 12:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CE marking and withdrawal of products.

We have been informed by Bayer that the sweat test
diluent for our Chiron chloride meter is too expensive
to CE mark for the volume of sales and will be
withdrawn, although we can stockpile reagents until
the last expiry date. I suspect that this is the tip
of the iceberg and that other companies will follow
suit shortly with similar reagents and items of
elderly equipment. Has anyone an alternative source of
sweat test diluent for the Chiron meter?

=====
Mrs. J. Still,
POCT Manager,
Biochemistry Dept,
Watford General Hospital. 01923-217998.
The views expressed in this message are personal and do not reflect West Herts NHS Hospitals Trust policy.

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail or any attached files are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of Worcestershire Acute Hospitals
NHS Trust.

This e-mail is confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.

If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in
error please do not disclose, copy or distribute the information, to do so
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify IT Services, telephone +44 1562 823424 (ext. 53390)