Message
Detecting EDTA in blood played a significant part in the Trial of OJ Simpson. Did the blood that matched OJ's at the fence near the locus contain contain edta and if so did this mean that some naughty policeman had contaminated the fence post hoc with a sample of blood donated by OJ after his arrest?

Robert Forrest
-----Original Message-----
From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Corns, Cathryn
Sent: 19 December 2003 11:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Anti-coagulant contamination

Interesting problem this .  I was looking at a method for detecting EDTA in 'serum' samples, using knowledge from many (many, many) years ago when I worked on Ca and chelating agents.  Unfortunately, the new computer implementation has stopped me doing anything really useful / interesting, and I have not had any spare time, but it's on my list for the new year!!

I'll keep you posted!

Happy Christmas everyone!
Cathryn

Cathryn Corns