From: Colley, Michael [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 18 December 2003 12:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Duplicate requesting

Our system (Sysmed=Woodard) permits the trapping of repeat requests within a given time.

We routinely trap repeat TSH and Cholesterol within 1 month and a number of other tests at other time intervals e.g.LFTs within 3 days.

Trapped requests are queued for inspection and let through if necessary.

Unfortunately the methods one can use tend to be LIS specific, but I'm happy to expand on this if required.

Michael Colley