From: Tilbrook Louise (RQ8) Mid Essex Hospital
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 December 2003 10:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vertical and horizontal audits

Our department is beginning to plan our audit schedule to carry out
regular vertical and horizontal audits as outlined in the new CPA
standards. Discussion has arisen regarding the retention of such records
and the suggestion has been that audit records should be kept for 6
years - although no-one could say where this figure had come from. The
RCPath guidelines as far as I can see mention Accreditation documents
(min 10 years), EQA (2 years) and IQC (permanently) but make no mention
of audit records. Is anyone aware of CPA's view on this?

Thanks in advance
Louise Tilbrook

Louise Tilbrook
Principal Clinical Scientist
Department of Clinical Biochemistry
Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust
Broomfield Hospital
Chelmsford
Essex
CM1 7ET

Phone 01245 514013
Fax 01245 514077

list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical
biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be
viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions
(How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com