Carotenaemia

We routinely measure serum indices on our Roche Modular.
Recently a patient had an elevated index with a normal total bilirubin.  Visually the serum appeared 'slightly icteric'.

We measured serum carotene which was 7.0 umol/L (ref range 0.9-3.7 umol/L)

A quick and simple serum carotene assay?

Phil White

This E-Mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you receive this E-Mail in error, please notify the sender and do not copy or take any action reliant on it. The views within this message are, unless stated, not necessarily the views or policies of East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, Bexhill & Rother or Hastings & St Leonards Primary Care Trusts.

You can visit our Trust Website at http://www.esht.nhs.uk

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.