National enhanced service -provision of near-patient testing

Apologies for the cross-posting for those in both groups.

I have just been given a copy of the above document, which offers a variable scale of payments to GP practices for provision of a shared care drug monitoring service. There are four options listed including either using POCT or an enhanced service incorporating the lab, practice funded pharmacists etc. The drugs mentioned are penicillamine, auranofin, sulphasalazine, methotrexate and sodium aurothiomate. I would be grateful for any information you can share about this. Was anyone from our field involved in generating this proposal? Has anyone been approached or is working on it?

Thanks

Steve

Dr Stephen Frost
BSUH Trust
The Princess Royal Hospital
Sussex

ps I attach a PDF file of the document, which is quite short. Our PCs are virus checked but don't open it unless you trust me!

<<nesnearpatient.pdf>>

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.