Agreed, Craig, a synopsis report would help contain information overload, but provide sufficient for those who have time for in-depth analysis for troubleshooting. In the PRUH (Kent) I scan the reports and pass on to Section Seniors for (recorded) action if abnormal or perusal/ filing if OK. Each Section Senior then provides a written analysis of EQA and IQC at a monthly QC meeting. Much of the data (not Gen Chemistry) is also logged (L-J plot) against peer group performance so our expectations are realistic!

Mary Kennedy.
Bromley hospitals NHS Trust.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Craig Webster
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: LAB EQA

Here at Nottingham we have a system of circulation of the EQA reports to the senior staff in the area responsible. Its coordinated by the Lab EQA officer (me!) I think it works quite well. We then report back to a monthly EQA meeting.

I agree that to some degree there is some information overload. This is not a criticism, but the Steroid EQA seems to increase in size every month! perhaps we could have a shortened report on paper and then the various EQA providers could provide the in depth reports for each laboratory on their web sites.

Craig Webster