Thanks Paul and other responders

So far I have reassuring replies like yours and other
replies that advise exercising caution. The main issue
is the lack of a commercial control at these low
levels that one can use daily to report such low
levels with some confidence. Some of you have used
inhouse pooled sera for this purpose despite obvious
reservations. What triggered this is a regional
cardiologists risk stratification tool that gives
various scores (1, 2, 3 and 4) for TnT levels of 0.04
-0.06, 0.07 - 0.09, 0.10 - 0.19 and > 0.2 ug/L
respectively. The tool also gives scores for clinical
indicators (such as age, smoking, hypertension, DM,
dyslipidaemia, LV dysfunction and ECG findings). A
patient accumulating score > 6 is labelled as very
high risk, 3 - 6 High risk and < 3 Low risk. Our local
cardiologist couldn't say whether this scoring system
is evidence based or best guess based.

Kind regards

Mohammad

 --- Paul Collinson <[log in to unmask]>