I am not aware of more recent data since work I did with Juanita Crook a few
years ago in a cohort of 102 men treated with external beam radiation.  PSA
and F/T PSA ratio were measured during routine follow-up visits, some of
which included repeat biopsies.  (JM Crook and PS Bunting,  Percent free PSA
after radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Urology 1998;52:100-105).  Median
follow-up was only 40 months, and there was some benefit to the ratio in
predicting positive biopsy, especially when post-radiation total PSA was
between 0.6 and 2.0 ug/L.  More follow-up was deemed necessary, but she
moved to the University Health Network in Toronto, and and I moved to The
Ottawa Hospital Ottawa, and we have lost touch in recent years ...

Peter S Bunting, PhD DCC FCACB
Clinical Biochemist
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
The Ottawa Hospital
1053 Carling Avenue
Ottawa ON  K1Y 4E9

Phone:                  613-798-5555 x 16106
Fax (shared):   613-761-5401