From: David Gaze [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pnuematic tube systems

Astles JR et al. Pneumatic transport exacerbates interference of room air
contamination in blood gas samples. Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 1996;120:642-7.

Our study published data SUPPORTING the use of a PTS but we designed a
pressure sealed container to avoid alteration to pO2.

Ref:

Collinson PO, John CM, Gaze DC, Ferrigan LF, Cramp DG. Changes in blood gas
samples produced by a pneumatic tube system. J. Clin. Pathol.
2002;55:105-107

Regards
David C Gaze
Cardiac Research Scientist