The QC material we were using with this analyser was provided by Diametrics
(the manufacturers)who have a web site for further info
(www.diametrics.com), I did put some of our Chiron QC through and seemed to
get acceptable results.
The abstracts I mentioned were all found through MEDLINE -
Critical Care 1997 vol1 pp79-83 Prause et al, Prehospital point of care
testing of blood gases and electrolytes - an evaluation of IRMA.
Anaesthetist 1998 vol 47 pp490-495 - In GERMAN, Prause et al. Preclinical
blood gas analysis Experience with 3 blood gas analysers in emergency care
(includes the iSTAT)
J CLin Monit. 1996, 12, pp317-324, Wahr et al, Accuracy and precision of a
new portable handheld blood gas analyser, the IRMA.
Crit Care Med 1996, vol 24, p957-962.  Hand-held blood gas analyser is
accurate in the clinical care setting.  Zaloga et al.
Clin Chem Lab Med 2002, vol 40 pp182-191. Ceriotti et al, A two-centre
evaluation of the blood gas immediate response mobile analyser (IRMA)

Dr Fiona Ivison
Dept. of Clinical Chemistry
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
4th Floor Duncan Building