From: Frost, Stephen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 January 2003 15:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HbA1c equipment for POCT / capillary blood gases

Hello to you all.

Two POCT questions are currently in my mind.

1. What POCT HbA1c equipment currently would be best to put into our diabetic OP clinic, operated by diabetes nurses?

2. One of our (chest) physicians is keen to move over to capillary blood gases on adults (we use I-stats), as a less invasive procedure. Any comments on feasibility?

Thanks

Stephen Frost