Dear Mohammad:

Just as an aside, whenever someone asks me if I can determine whether some
unknown substance is present, my response is: "Tell me what you think it is,
and I may be able to determine whether you are right or not."

Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) and GHB are the two most common "date rape" drink
additives (in the U.S.), and urine tests are available for both, but the
window of detectability is fairly short. Some benzodiazepine immunoassays do
not detect flunitrazepam; others detect it weakly. GHB is usually detected
by GC-FID or GC-MS.

I agree, though, that drugging someone's drink is a crime, and its
investigation should be in the hands of law enforcement officers, not
clinical laboratories. That is the advice I have given on at least two
occasions when approached with a question similar to yours.

Kind regards,

Roger

Roger L. Bertholf, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pathology
Director of Clinical Chemistry & Toxicology
University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville