From: yasser elmiedany [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 December 2003 15:47
To: Andrew Bamji
Subject: Re: Anit-CCP

Dear Andrew.
thank you for your email.
Over the past year (2002) several research studies were
published about early arthritis and how to manage it. Some of
the studies were conducted in UK by David Scott and Paul Emery.
Separate supplements have been published in J. Rheumatology,
Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology discussing that issue in
review articles. Anti-CCP has been found more specific than RF
from the diagnostic point of view and better in predicting the
course of arthritis, specially early arthritis. Please find
attached a small and quick review published by the American
College of Rheumatology on 3rd of October 03.
I look forward to seeing you.
Kind regards
Yasser