Dear SPM'rs

I have two images with very different contrasts that I would like to display with checkreg, but I would like to modulate the colorscales independently of one another. I also would like to create a special LUT for one of the images. How can this be done?

It seems to me that it's quite a complicated problem without being intimately familiar with the complexity of matlab controls.

After fiddling around with this for a while, I finally decided to bring the images I was working on in another program (medx or afni) where I may have a better chance with image fusion and LUT controls. The two images are a mnc format template and an analyze format image obtained by doing calculations on images normalized to the template with spm2. When I view these two images with checkreg they appear to be in register, however when I view them with other programs, they appear shifted in the x plane. This is probably because other file formats do not recognize the negative pixel dimension in the x-axis that spm2 has incorporated. I can cosmetically fix this problem by moving one image by about 4 pixels, however, I am afraid that a left/right flip may be more appropriate. One solution would be to convert the analyze format image to minc format and then proceed with two images that are in the same format. Should I flip the spm2 analyze format image before converting to mnc format?

I know this is a horse beaten may times on this list, but it is quite confusing....

Stefano Marenco, MD

Senior Staff Fellow

NIMH/CBDB

10 Center Drive, Room 4S235