DU, or depleted uranium is used to coat bullets and other ammunition
used by the US Military in the first Gulf war and in this war. Depleted
uranium is a dangerous and poisonous substance and this is currently
being sprayed all over Iraq and the soldiers who have to handle and use
this sort of ammunition. I have received several news reports of the use
of DU by the US military, over the past two or so years from news
servers which I know journalists working for major media companies use
yet have not seen this reported widely, if at all. Perhaps this is not
considered news worthy by so-called objective journalism standards.

This is yet another reason why I cannot in any way support any US
military action anywhere in the world today. This includes the war the
US military is covertly engaged with in South America and the current
threat to open up yet another front in SE Asia. The current situation
risks escalating into a global war that will make World War II look like
a small skirmish. Another Hiroshima is already happening today in Iraq.

I am also deeply saddened by the snide disregard that veterans of these
wars are treated to by their own governments. DU is suspected to be the
main contributor to Gulf War Syndrome. Again, this gets very little
coverage.

best wishes

Chris Jones.

PS. I have also received unconfirmed reports from NSA and CIA sources
(which are not always reliable) that Sadam Hussein is still alive and is
now the world's most wanted man, with Osama Bin Laden, and has become
the object of the biggest man hunt in history. (This report almost made
me laugh and at least did help to clear for a short while the tears that
blur my vision as I read the news server reports I receive.)