Hello list members,
I am trying to find the number of (fully fused) bone elements of various animal species.  Does anyone know of a published reference with this information, or an on-line database?  The purpose of this exercise is to find how many bones have been lost in the process of maceration.  I would like to compare the expected number of bones with what we have for the reference specimens.  Some of the taxa I have are Robin, Rat, Iguana, Boa constrictor, Tortoise, and Pampano fish.  Any and all advice is welcome.  Thanks.
Adam Allentuck