Hello everyone

this isn't particulary a VLE question, it could be relevant to any
computer user who spends long periods using a mouse. The nature of my role
involves developing materials for use on the VLE which requires working on
a computer for significant periods.

What type of mouse like device (by that I mean for example an ordinary any
handed mouse, a left or right mouse, a track ball, a graphics tablet, etc)
do people find gives them the least hand or wrist problems? Making use of
key board short cuts helps significantly but I seem to be running into
grief drawing graphics.

For example I have tried an any handed optic mouse configured for a right
hand user but used in the left hand, (makes my thumb joint ache).
I have tried a track ball but that makes my wrist ache.
I have tried a right hand logitech mouse in my left hand but that just
makes everything ache. I have never seen a left hand logitech mouse, do
they exist?
Has anyone tried a mouse wrist rest? Does it help?

Any suggestions will be greatfully considered only I'm running out of
ideas.

Thanks

Heather