I forward with the sender's permission some email with more information on
this, since people seem interested.  He's right of course that Archilochos
wrote in various meters; I made a dumb mistake out of hurry when I said that
"his poetry is written in just one meter."  What I should have said was that
Archilochos in this fragment was saying (according to some scholars) "My
only weapon is these iambic verses, but it is a deadly one."