rotflol...

At 08:26 PM 6/21/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>that Charles II looks just like John Donne?

As far as I know, Jon, you are the first person to make that claim.  I've
seen portraits of Donne but don't remember detecting a resemblance.  The
one that most often comes to mind is Charles' resemblance to Howdy Doody,
the kids' TV show puppet from the 1950s, or to Alfred E. Neuman.   And
extend it further (three degrees of separation?) Alfred, erstwhile Mad
Magazine "representative," looks a bit like George W. Bush...or so The
Nation drew him.  You don't suppose, therefore, that Charles and GW are
somehow related through their common ancestry from a puppet...?

Ken

Kenneth Wolman  http://www.kenwolman.com
http://kenwolman.blogspot.com
Lord, steel us against the expectation of disappointment and our belief in
the certainty of heartbreak....

Deborah Elizabeth Russell, Artist/Poet

Post Poems | Inside | Cityslide
Shadow Poetry | Parallels Words For The Wind