Dear Colleagues

We are trying to recruit a research worker(s) for a study on blood donation
by British Indians in UK. This research will aim at investigating reasons
for low rates of blood donation by British Indians and then design
interventions to improve uptake of blood donation from this community. The
project will be based in West London and entails an initial ethnographic
field work to determine the obstacles, followed by tailor made IEC
(Intervention, Education, Communication) intervention to improve uptake. The
period of the research is 2 years. We are looking for a person with social
science & health background (masters or post-doc) who is fluent in Hindi,
Gujarati, and Punjabi.

Please could you let us know if you have any suggestion on disseminating
this information for ourselves? Are there any web sites or newsletters you
might know about?

Many thanks for your assistance

Dr Sushrut Jadhav MBBS, MD, MRCPsych., PhD
Senior Lecturer in Cross-cultural Psychiatry, University College London.
Hon. Consultant Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit, St. Pancras
Hospital, London NW1.
Director, UCL MRCPsych. courses.
Editor, Anthropology & Medicine journal.
48 Riding House Street, London W1N 8AA

Tel: 00 44 (0) 207 679 9475/9292
Fax: 00 44 (0) 207 679 9426
Academic: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/psychiatry/staff/rejusxj.htm
Journal: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/carfax/13648470.html

Dr Mallika Sekhar MBBS, MD, MRCP, FRCPath
Consultant Haematologist
West Middlesex University Hospital
Twickenham Road, Isleworth
Middlesex TW7 6AF