I would be grateful for information on the type of preservative list members
use for 24 hour urine 5HIAA. Stability studies performed at our lab some
time ago indicated that 24 hour collections in the absence of preservatives
were acceptable provided the sample reached the lab within 48 hours of start
of collection.  However, we have had a series of urines with undetectable
levels recently.   Do any members use EMU or random urine 5HIAA/creatinine
ratios?

Many thanks

Clare Ford
Principal Biochemist