We occasionally get requests for random serum cortisol from SCBU on preterm newborns. The levels are not spectacular most of the time around 100 - 150 nmol/L. In certain types of congenital adrenal hyperplasia and in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy, hypoadrenalism is a feature.

regards

Mohammad
Dr. M Al-Jubouri, Consultant Chemical Pathologist

Fed up with 56K? Sign up for a FREE BT Broadband connection! ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.