Thanks Dave for bringing this important reference to our attention, it lends support to our clinical practice (i.e such cases are for real and not imaginatory). As said before, such GTTs provide a single fasting diabetic glucose level only and it is prudent to repeat the fasting glucose to get a second diabetic level, thereby fulfilling the WHO criteria for diagnosis of diabetes mellitus. I wonder whether such subgroup perform regular exercise that improves their postprandial glycaemia with lesser effect on their fasting glycaemia. Any comments!!

Best wishes

Mohammad
Dr. M Al-Jubouri, Consultant Chemical Pathologist

It's fast, it's fun and it's free! Click here to download MSN Messenger. ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.