You could put a B.M aspirate through a coulter and get some haematological parameters that are useless, isn't this amazing!! I suppose if you spin down the B.M aspirate and you get some serum you can analyse it for urea and creatinine only but not electrolytes.

I am really astonished as to why a B.M aspirate was performed on a patient with severe septic shock and not a central line or a venesection. How are they going to resuscitate the child?

Mohammad

Dr. M Al-Jubouri, Consultant Chemical Pathologist

It's fast, fun and completely FREE! Download MSN Messenger today! ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.