Thanks, Colin. I didn't expect sphere-shaking, of course, but I'll be
interested to see it anyway; the film is cheap. In the case of manuscripts of
Complaints would there be a possibility that such copies are a response to its
calling-in or whatever we call the fuss it produced? I mean, if it became hard
to get hold of, one could have it copied? I continue to be vaguely surprised
by the sheer labor of copying out a printed text (Harvard also has one of
Elizabeth's translation of Marguerite de Navarre)--like typing up an e-mail
attachment instead of printing it. Yes, there were many reasons to do so. Also
yes--the thought of Peter Beal being wrong does strain the imagination. Again,
thanks. Anne.

anne prescott
english, barnard college