In addition to the Project Gutenberg site, one of the
most complete sources of Kipling prose e-texts is at
 http://whitewolf.newcastle.edu.au/words/

This will be described in the March 2003 issue of the
Kipling Journal.

A good source of verse in additon to our own website,
though not complete despite the claim, is
http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/

I guess that I should come clean and admit that over
the past few months, I have built up on my PC a
searchable database of all the prose works that I have
found on the web. The software indexes every word, and
this has the advantage that I can search all works en
bloc rather than one-by-one. If anyone else wants to
try it, the sofware is free on the web as Treepad Lite
at http://www.treepad.com/treepadfreeware/

Regarding a CD, I don't know what the legal position
would be, but I would not like to risk distributing
something like this, which can never be completely up
to date.

You should also be aware, the the e-text versions of
things I have found to be frequently at variance
(particularly punctuation marks, and US spelling of
some texts) with those of the standard Macmillan
editions. Some of this I think is due to the sources
being the American editions, and others because people
have used an American spellchecker after scanning in
the texts.

With best regards

David Page
Harrow UK