Further to my first response under this heading, I note that, according to the Stewart/Yeats bibliography, 'Primum Tempus' was first collected in the second edition of the US published Ballads and Barrack Room Ballads in 1892.

Not having a copy of this, I am not sure which title was used, as Stewart's index points to it under 'Primum Tempus' and in the text refers to it as 'In the Neolithic Age'.

It would be interesting to know whether RK made any revision in 1892 between the Idler version and the collected version.

Roger Ayers
Honorary Membership Secretary,
The Kipling Society