> Sadly, to date, there is no Kipling Rd/St/Av, but there is a Chaucer Avenue, a Charles Dickens Street, and a Pepys Close.
> Michael Jefferson

O yes there is, in North End going on Hilsea, joining Northern Parade & London Road, there is Kipling Road lying between Meredith Road and Doyle Avenue - there is also a Conan Road leading off Doyle Ave for good measure!

But my original point was not so much the "cluster" names of roads on Portsea Island or anywhere else, but the coincidence of the Anglo-Indian child Kipling lodging in a street with a name having Indian associations.

Mary Seymour