Dear Colmán

A St Llywelyn was venerated together with a St Gwrnerth (supposedly his son) at Welshpool, on the River Severn near the English border. A 'maes dan Gapell Sainte Lleu'n' (St Llywelyn's Chapel Field) was recorded in a will of 1545. If a manuscript text of c. 1634 retains a historical memory, Llywelyn was regarded as the captain of the bodyguard of Rhodri Mawr, a Welsh king killed in battle with a Mercian army in 877. In most Welsh kalendars from the fifteenth century, Llywelyn and Gwrnerth are commemorated together on April 7.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Graham

Dr Graham Jones