Pip Patrick wrote:

> Does anyone know where I might find a map showing all the medieval monasteries
> in Surrey? Medieval atlases seem to be proving unhelpful.

An excellent, albeit somewhat dated, resource is "Medieval
Religious Houses: England and Wales", by David Knowles and R.
Neville Hadcock (latest edition I'm aware of published by
Longman Group Limited in 1971, reissued 1994).

The work lists all the medieval English and Welsh religious
houses (including hospitals) of which the authors were aware,
broken down by order.  Each listing includes tidbits such as
foundation dates, and (very brief) historical outlines.  Maps
placing most of the houses listed in the text are also
provided.

At the very least, "Medieval Religious Houses" may serve as
a good starting point.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Golden

to: [log in to unmask]