> [Please excuse the cross-posting]
>
> ANNOUNCEMENT OF JOB VACANCY
>
> BRITISH LIBRARY (LONDON), MAP COLLECTIONS
>

> Accessing the world's knowledge
>
> We reach millions of people through our online and document supply
> services, reading rooms, and exhibition galleries, helping them to advance
> knowledge and enrich their lives. Join us as we move our knowledge,
> collections, expertise and cultural heritage into the digital age.
>
> MAP CATALOGUER (Fixed term contract)
> London c.£16.5k per annum.
>
> The British Library Map Collections has an opening for a map cataloguer,
> to catalogue modern maps, atlases and related materials in an automated
> environment. A degree in geography, history, library studies or a suitable
> equivalent is essential; a library qualification is highly desirable.
> Experience working with maps or in library cataloguing using international
> standards (AACR2, UKMARC/MARC21) is required (having both would be a
> plus). This full-time post is available on a fixed term contract for six
> months from date of appointment.
>
> Further information about the post can be obtained from April Carlucci on
> 020 7412 7062, or Debbie Hall on 020 7412 7525.
>
> For more information view http://www.bl.uk/about/vacancies.html
>
> Please reply by sending a letter of application and a CV to: The British
> Library, Human Resources, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB or email
> [log in to unmask] quoting reference number P02-19-2002 by Friday, 20
> December 2002.
>
> The British Library is an Equal Opportunities employer. We recognise the
> benefit of employing a diverse workforce. Applicants are considered solely
> on the basis of their merits and suitability for the job.
>

> Apologies for cross-posting.

Free exhibitions at the British Library Galleries :

50 Years of Number Ones : Listen to any one of over 930 pop music chart
toppers 1952-2002 (from 11 October)

Magic Pencil : Children's Book Illustration Today (from 1 November) original
graphic work of 13 contemporary artists

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
[log in to unmask] : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.